Best Trash is the trash & recycling collection provider for the District
- Trash collection is Wednesday and Saturday. Residents provide their own trash can as long as they are between 30-50 gallons in size or can place trash out in trash bags for collection.
- Recycle collection is Wednesday.
- Heavy trash collection is Wednesday and Saturday. Limited to no more than 2 large items at a time.
- Please have trash and recycling out by 7:00 a.m.
On each regularly scheduled collection day, Best Trash will collect residential refuse located at the curbside in resident supplied cans or bags between 30 to 50 gallons in size, weighing no more than 40 lbs each item. Items excluded from normal collection are dirt, rocks, bricks, tile, concrete, tires, batteries, motor oil, cooking oil, waste generated by a private contractor or any materials or items deemed hazardous materials. Please do not dispose of gasoline, motor oil, paints, cooking oil, or any other liquid items in a container that are not visible to Best Trash personnel. If such items results in spillage that causes a stain, Best Trash is not responsible for the cleanup. Best Trash will leave a tag explaining the reason for any non-collected item(s).
Yard & Bulk Waste
Trees, shrubs, brush trimmings and fencing must be no larger than 4 inches in diameter, no more than 4 feet long, tied in bundles not exceeding 40 pounds. The tied bundles is required to allow quick pickup and size limitations are required to avoid damaging the equipment in the compacting process. Items such as appliances, furniture, mattresses, carpet (up to 1 room of carpet, cut less than 4 feet wide, tied in bundles not exceeding 40 pounds), will be picked up on both garbage collection days. By Federal Law, refrigerators, freezers, and any other items containing Freon must be drained of Freon and have an accompanying bill to validate such service was performed.
Best Trash takes great pride in their recycle program. Ensuring the best recycling program for customers takes time and effort on both sides. Please remove caps, liquids and food products from inside the containers. If items exceed the cart’s capacity, please place them adjacent to the cart well marked as recyclable materials. Cardboard is recyclable, please break down all boxes flat, and place them next to the recycle bin for collection.
Best Trash will replace any carts that are defective or otherwise become unusable due to normal wear and tear. Lost or stolen carts can be replaced for $65.00 each by calling Best Trash.
What Happens to the Products We Recycle?
- Junk Mail and old newspapers are sold to Pratt Industries papermill in Shreveport, Louisiana. They make the middle part of the cardboard boxes.
- Cardboard boxes are made into new ones at a papermill in Dallas.
- Plastic water bottles and soda bottles are made into new plastic water and soda bottles. Some are made into carpet fibers-these are sold to various Texas and Georgia markets.
- Steel cans are made into steel rebar at steel mini mills located throughout the U.S.
- Aluminum Cans are made into aluminum sheets at a factory in Kentucky.
- Milk jugs, orange juice jugs, detergent bottles, mixed plastic materials are sold to Ohio to be made into new bottles.
- Glass is made into new glass bottles currently sold to Anheuser Busch in Texas and other various areas throughout the U.S.
If your regular trash or recycle collection day falls on a holiday (New Years Day, Independence Day or Christmas Day) the collection will be made on the next regularly scheduled collection day.